Omega Pony Plus 20kg *pickup instore only*
Omega Feeds has used quality ingredients to provide your horse or pony with a nutritious and filling feed that will satisfy appetite without providing too much dietary energy.. Pony Plus will provide your equine with good quality protein, vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) and bulk without oversupplying calories, starch or sugars.
Ingredients: Sunflower Seeds, Lucerne Chaff, Copra Meal, Full Fat Soybean, Sunflower Hull, Linseed, Iodised Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Omega Feeds Vitamin & Trace Mineral Premix, Limestone, Magnesium Oxide, Canola Oil, Vitamin E
- Cool energy
- Maintains a healthy microbial population in the hindgut
- Provides your horse with gut fill and that contented feeling
- Low starch feed, making it safe for horses and ponies prone to laminitis or tying up
- Reduced risk of digestive upsets, metabolic conditions and behavioural problems
Low Non-Structural Carbohydrates
- Suitable for horses suffering from metabolic disorders such as Laminitis, Insulin Resistance, Equine Metabolic Syndrome, and Cushing’s disease
Vitamin E and Organic Selenium
- Antioxidants that protect muscles from damage during exercise
- Support the immune system
- Important for nerve and muscle function
Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3 & 6)
- Important for skin and coat health, cell integrity and control of inflammatory responses.
- Essential fatty acids are a particularly important consideration for horse or ponies on weight loss diets.
Fortified with Vitamins & Minerals
- For optimum health and wellbeing
- Important minerals are provided to support healthy hoof growth
Daily Feeding Rate
|Resting||0.25 - 0.4||0.4 - 0.6||0.05 - 0.75||0.6 - 1.5||1.0 - 2.0||1.5 - 2.5||2.0 - 3.0|
|Light Work||0.3 - 0.5||0.5 - 0.75||0.75 - 1.5||1.5 - 2.5||1.5 - 2.5||2.0 - 3.0||3.0 - 4.0|
|Moderate Work||0.4 - 0.6||0.6 - 1.0||1.0 - 2.0||1.5 - 2.5||2.0 - 3.0||2.5 - 3.5||3.0 - 4.0|
|Heavy Work||-||-||1.5 - 2.5||2.0 - 3.0||2.5 - 3.5||3.0 - 4.0||3.5 - 4.5|
Pony Plus is ideal for:
- Easy Keepers
- Idle and mature horses or ponies
- Horses and ponies on a weight loss program
- Horses and ponies prone to metabolic conditions such as:
- Insulin Resistance
- Equine Cushing's Syndrome
- Equine Metabolic Syndrome
- Tying Up
PonyPlus is also an ideal feed for horses that are confined to a yard or box due to injury as it will meet their vitamin, mineral and some of their protein needs without oversupplying energy!
Why should horses with metabolic conditions be fed diets low in starch and sugar?
Diet plays a crucial role in the management of metabolic conditions, so proper nutrition is vital when managing horses with conditions such as laminitis, cushing’s disease, insulin resistance and obesity. Feeds that contain readily available sugar and starch (sweet feed and grain) should be avoided, as excessive starch and sugar intake can trigger or worsen metabolic conditions.